A hybrid mobile application is an application that has both Native and Web elements in it. This type of application has become very popular lately.
What is required from a test tool to support mobile hybrid applications?
– Object Spy for showing the DOM properties (ID, Name, Text etc)
– Full command set to be executed on the hybrid elements
– Support also for all peripheral technologies such as: JQuery, iframes
– Object identification by Native and DOM (not image recognition due to instability of image identification in Hybrid)
– Support for non-Jailbreak devices
SeeTest – the leading mobile testing, automation and monitoring solution that integrates into UFT, RFT, MSTest, JUnit, Perl and Python – offers therefore full support for hybrid application testing.